americauna?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kareng, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Kareng

Kareng Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2008
    California
    Im confused about the amer/ee thing. What is this? I am having fun with this, thanks for all the help.[​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Ameracauna's (I probably butchered the spelling) are certain breed colors. I believe anything that falls out of that, is Easter Egger. EEs are really mixes.
    I haven't seen an EE like yours before... but it could be. Wait for someone else to answer. She's really pretty! [​IMG]

3. Kareng

May 23, 2008
    California
    We have 3 and they are beautiful. They are flyers. Look like some kind of wild bird.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Are you sure that's an Easter Egger? Seems like another breed to me, but I cant quite remember the name of the one I'm thinking of. I have Ameraucanas and even Easter Eggers usually have beards.

5. Kareng

May 23, 2008
    California
    Im not sure what it is at all! They are so pretty and softer than the other chickens. I know theyre nothing rare or exotic. Theyre from the ranch supply. Any guesses would be appreciated.

6. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    She looks like an EE that I got from Ideal.

Mine has no beard or muffs, and has red all around her eyes. Looks very similar. Is she laying yet? EE's or Ameraucanas lay a greenish blue egg.

7. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Oooo.. The Ameracauna police are gonna getcha!

-Kim

8. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    The Ameraucanas do all have muffs and beards like was mentioned. The Easter Eggers are Ameraucana crosses, mixes, so they usually do too, but since they aren't a pure breed, it's probably possible for them to not have them too, especially if they're a 2nd generation outcross.

Your chicken is colored just like one of my Easter Eggers, just doesn't have her muffs and beard.

Like the other poster said, it's the blue or blue-green eggs that give them that name anyway, so if you get an egg like that, I'd think that it would be an EE, no matter what the bloodline or the coloration.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks like my two EEs.

10. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    My son was given a little game pullet that looks a lot like your bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by