Americaunas are small and get picked on by bigger birds. True or False???

Do Americaunas get picked on by bigger breeds (RIR or PR)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

ChickenCrazy8

Songster
9 Years
Jan 16, 2012
Canada, Ottawa
My Coop
My Coop
I just read that Americaunas get picked on by bigger birds. Is the true? Also how are they laying wise?
I have a RIR and a PR and if it is true that Americaunas get picked on by bigger breeds should I not get one?
Thanks so much,
Zoë

My Americauna does not get picked on. I also have Blk Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, Brahmas, Wyndottes they all are bigger than my Americauna but do not pick on her anymore than any of the others. Most Americaunas are good layers.

My Americauna could totally hold her own against my alpha hen who is a Jersey Giant. I even caught the Americauna sitting in the JG's nest box one day just SCREAMING at the JG and refusing to give it up. The JG just squeezed in there and sat on top of her. It was painful to watch. I finally separated them for the afternoon.

They have a feisty, wild side to them.

I ultimately gave her away because she was bullying my BO to pieces.

Thanks
big_smile.png

Mine hatched with one eye still closed and nearly got pecked to death by the StepMama and sibling, but I rescued it, and gave it vitamins, which opened its eye right up, and it has grown into a lovely chicken who can hold its own with the others. Sweet, gentle, docile personality. Lovely bird.

Back
Top Bottom