Americaunas or Easter Eggers

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bycfarmer, Sep 6, 2011.

1. bycfarmer

bycfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    Westminster. MD
    Here's our chickens that we were told were araucanas but I think they are more likely easter eggers or ameraucanas. They all have slate colored legs. Does anyone have any constructive opinions? Thanks

This is houdini
    [​IMG]

This one we haven't named.
    [​IMG]

This is little jerry
    [​IMG]

This is little miss do your own thing
    [​IMG]

This is our newest and is only 5 months old.
    [​IMG]

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Look like EEs to me. Definetely not araucanas [​IMG]

3. me2pl

me2pl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2011
    Chico, California
    funny, some look exactly like mine, Reese looks like Houdini, and Rachael looks like little miss do your own thing.
    they are EE by my vote

4. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    EEs

5. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Yup...EEs. I have 3 that look like little miss do your own thing. I also have two that look kind of like houdini...they have black heads and brown bodies.

6. Chickydoo

Chickydoo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    Fox Island, WA
    This is good... I've started wondering what one of mine is. She lays blue eggs (well, she's only laid 2). I thought she was an americauna, but as I've been reading, I've started to change my mind, but not sure what she is. I'll start my research on EE's to see if that's more what she looks like! This was very helpful [​IMG]

7. bycfarmer

bycfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    Westminster. MD
    Thanks for the responses. It seems the consensus is that they are Easter Eggers. Houdini got her name because she like to disappear and reappear from the run area. Little Jerry got her name as a result of a Seinfeld episode. The name Little Miss Do Your Own Thing is kinda self-explanatory.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by