1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameruacana or Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DURR, Dec 17, 2012.

1. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    Ok so I have been doing some research on this breed of chicken I have recently adopted and their color pattern is very diffrent from what breed(s) I thought they were but they lay a blue-ish green egg and sometimes I get a pink one but its just strange about their coloring. They have all the characteristics of the ameruacana and the easter egger. With fluffy cheeks and "beard". They even have the pea combs and small wattles. They even hold their tails in the correct angles too. I'm just utterly confused. I will post some pics of a few hens with my color variations in my roo's too. But I have two silver/blue hens, two golden with black penciling, two cream colored hens with penciling, two white hens with penciling, and two silver hens with a bit of rusty orange penciling, and two that are the brown red? Black with golden/brown penciling around the neck. I have 4 yellowish color roosters with a gold/ red chest and bands of white and green tinted saddle feathers and a red rooster that reminds me oif a rir but is too small, and a rusty orange rooster. I will gladly post images in the morning of my beauties, if anyone would be willing to help me solve my debate.

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sounds like easter eggers, pics will tell. One good screening tip is to ask the seller what color the bird is. True ameracauna breeders will go on and on about the colors of their birds [​IMG]

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Pics?

4. DURR

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    The poor birds were abandoned by our past neighbor so I'm unsure what they really are.They were free-range up until now. But I will have pics up in a few!

5. CluckAcres

CluckAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Silver Lake, Indiana
    your pics are not showing up.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The first one showed up for me but then it lead to an advertising storm, so no more links for me, thank you.

7. DURR

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    I'm sorry guys! I'm trying to upload them from my black berry (phone) onto here but its not wanting to work right! I'll try to fix it!

8. DURR

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If it works I'll put the rest in this post. So bear with me haha!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  9. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw the pics, they really look like Easter Eggers to me! I've never seen Ameraucanas with those splotchy colors and gamey body shapes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by