Amerucana and Bantam?

WinterChicks

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 7, 2015
Shawnee, Ohio
Okay, so I have a lonely lg. bantam hen in this cold weather, and someone is offering me an Amerucana....would this be okay? I am afraid she will get cold by herself.

it will be fine...chickens need others, so adding another one will be good. If your worried about the size difference, it should be fine. 2 like that is won't matter, it's when you have 10 large ones and only a couple banties that you have problems.

Okay. :)
Most of our flock will be large, but I am hoping to get a few more banties.
:) Make sure to keep an eye on any banties you have, and make sure that they are getting enough to eat. I once had to have a bantam cochin with 8 standard layers and 2 ducks, and i had to feed her separably or she wouldn't get enough food. They just need a little extra attention. :)

Well I got a Bramha today and she and Jinx (1st lg. bantam) are not friends. AT ALL

But, I also got 3 normal bantams, a roo, and two hens. All speckled. The hens have sebright and old english game in them. Well, Jinx fought with the roo, and the roo tries to attack her now. But the 3 banty hens seems okay together.

Funny thing is, roo is nicer to people then the hens are! lol
You can walk right up yo him and pick him up.. Ahh., may be a keepr

Well I got a Bramha today and she and Jinx (1st lg. bantam) are not friends. AT ALL

But, I also got 3 normal bantams, a roo, and two hens. All speckled. The hens have sebright and old english game in them. Well, Jinx fought with the roo, and the roo tries to attack her now. But the 3 banty hens seems okay together.

Funny thing is, roo is nicer to people then the hens are! lol
You can walk right up yo him and pick him up.. Ahh., may be a keepr
nice! well, they should become friends eventually. :) Some of my chickens are the best of friends, and some have decided to be mortal enemies! :)

I love all my roos. They are my favorite chickens...even the roos with an attitude problem are still loveable.

What is the roo? I recently got a new bantam calico cochin x millie boy, and he is so pretty! also super friendly...follows me around while i do my daily chores :)

Back
Top Bottom