Amerucana rooster, maybe??

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
Hey does anyone know what signs amerucana chickens show when they are roosters? I have three of this type and while all of them are fairly large, one stands out to be a bit bigger than that. None of them have a come yet, they're 7 weeks old. I'm not even 100% sure they grow a come considering my other 11 birds have comes. Anyways, I am just writing this on my lap top as I work on completing my coop, I'll try to upload pictures later but trying to get this coop done, my girls getting cramped in the brooder. Thanks.

Padfoot417

Chirping
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Massachusetts
Any rooster will typically show itself when it's about 5-6 weeks old.If it hasn't started crowing by then it's either pulling a "where's Waldo" thing or it's a hen.Chances are it's a hen!It could be a mixed breed when we're talking size,or maybe she just developed a little faster than the others.Once you get them you should know!
Good luck!

Last edited:

hennyannie

Songster
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
North Carolina
One of my EE pullets crowed on Memorial Day! His comb was always larger and redder than the other 3 but I kept saying "No way I bought 4 Pullets." and I was wrong.He is also a really wild color I had not seen in my EEs in the past, I always buy pullets so I guess his color should have clued me in alot earlier.

Top Bottom