Amerucana rooster, maybe??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cupman, May 30, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Hey does anyone know what signs amerucana chickens show when they are roosters? I have three of this type and while all of them are fairly large, one stands out to be a bit bigger than that. None of them have a come yet, they're 7 weeks old. I'm not even 100% sure they grow a come considering my other 11 birds have comes. Anyways, I am just writing this on my lap top as I work on completing my coop, I'll try to upload pictures later but trying to get this coop done, my girls getting cramped in the brooder. Thanks.

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Pics would help and by the way you are spelling it you have EEs. [​IMG]

3. Padfoot417

Padfoot417 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Any rooster will typically show itself when it's about 5-6 weeks old.If it hasn't started crowing by then it's either pulling a "where's Waldo" thing or it's a hen.Chances are it's a hen!It could be a mixed breed when we're talking size,or maybe she just developed a little faster than the others.Once you get them you should know!
    Good luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  4. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    One of my EE pullets crowed on Memorial Day! His comb was always larger and redder than the other 3 but I kept saying "No way I bought 4 Pullets." and I was wrong.He is also a really wild color I had not seen in my EEs in the past, I always buy pullets so I guess his color should have clued me in alot earlier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by