Amerucana?

RainValleyFarm

Songster
Mar 4, 2021
Lexington Kentucky
I got this chick as a straight run Amerucana. Not sure though because every chick I have googled looks nothing like it. She has a very large breast and is about twice the size of my other chicks and her beak is almost red? Just curious what she could possibly be

Attachments

• FAD3F4C9-3BF4-45E1-A7FC-B3F1ACFDC4F0.jpeg
    FAD3F4C9-3BF4-45E1-A7FC-B3F1ACFDC4F0.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 10
It isn't an Ameraucana. Doesn't look like a hatchery Americana, Amerucana, Easter Egger etc either.
IDK. May be some type of broiler since you've mentioned it's so much larger.

It isn't an Ameraucana. Doesn't look like a hatchery Americana, Amerucana, Easter Egger etc either.
IDK. May be some type of broiler since you've mentioned it's so much larger.

I googled broiler breeds and New Hampshire red was the first red chicken on the list so I googled their chicks..I would say there’s a good chance this is what my chick is

Attachments

• 9A300122-7400-40BE-B5E7-3BB59BD78FAE.png
    9A300122-7400-40BE-B5E7-3BB59BD78FAE.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Yeah I’ve tried googling a description of her but I’ve had no luck 🤷🏼‍♀️ This would be the 3rd out of 6 birds I got from TSC that I was misinformed about 🙃
I agree, 50% is pretty good! Last year we ordered 3 Blue Plymouth Rocks and got 2 BA's and JG, and our 2 GLWD pullets ended up being roosters 🤣

We bought 7 pullets from a local farm store and they were 100% correct, we just got 11 pullets 2 weeks ago from the same store the bed are right but I'm keeping my eye on 4 that are really slow feathering out, 3 EE's and 1 BR.

TSC only displays the birds that are shipped from their contracted hatcheries. They are definitely not the experts, nor do they sex the chicks. All that is done prior to getting to the stores. Many chicks are misplaced in the bins and are often sold mislabeled.
If you want more accuracy in the breed and gender of your chicks, order directly from a hatchery or reputable breeder. Otherwise....”TSC is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you’re gonna get!”

Back
Top Bottom