Amigurumi Anyone??????

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Kassaundra, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I did a search and only found old threads. This is something I just learned about and am intrigued by. I am working on my very first one just to see if I would really like to do it. Anyone out there do these??

I am most intrigued by the idea of making human type dolls instead of the animals. I am doing crochet since I can't knit.

2. Henferno

Henferno Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Waushara County, WI
    Yes! I do mostly cartoon characters with the base pattern from "Creepy Cute Crochet." :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Awesome, I am currently working on my first one, it is a jointed doll that I am hoping will end up looking like Rose Tyler from Doctor Who. I am using a free pattern for the body and going to wing it on the clothes and features that will hopefully make it look like her.

4. Henferno

Henferno Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Waushara County, WI
    That sounds terrific! For the ones I've made with arms & legs I usually lace them with wire. I don't think I have any pictures of those though...

Well, welcome to the club! Amigurumi are addictively fun to make, I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us!

5. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Here is what I've done so far.

[​IMG]
    The head and the upper and lower arms w/ hands. They aren't joined yet, I was using those buttons b/c they were the closest things to eyes that I had, but I'm probably going to remove them and embroider some eyes. I looked for some at Hobby Lobby today but they only had cartoon eyes and animal eyes, no human eyes, let alone realistic human eyes.

[​IMG]
    close up of the fingers and nose, I added the nose to the pattern, when I embroider the eyes I'll add some definition to the nose too.

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Very cool. I make lots of little animals and donate them to a shelter close to clam digging season. They're out of the way by the beach but they always have a stand at the clam digging festival and make quite a bit for the shelter.

Top left corner are some REALLY Ugly fish [​IMG] I managed to make a lobster too but I won't be sending that... I love it too much [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  7. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Those are cool, and it is awesome what you do with them.

8. mnferalkitty

mnferalkitty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Minnesota
    I do amigurumi [​IMG] I made eggs for the ornament exchange
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  9. mnferalkitty

May 17, 2012
    Minnesota
    Love them!!! Would you share your patterns?

10. mnferalkitty

May 17, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thats a great start!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by