Amish 10X10 shed converted to chicken coop - Stanford CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Nov 26, 2010.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Very new (purchased less than 6 months ago) 10 X 10 Amish shed that I converted to a chicken coop. Windows have been made secure and 3 separate pens have been divided out so that 3 separate flocks can be maintained with small area for storage. Each pen has its own working slide pop doors made with 1/2 inch plexi glass that open with pull ropes from the outside. Windows have a hardware cloth frame making them predator proof. Fan ventilation and predator proof vent added. Shatter and fire proof light fixture mounted as well. Can easily be converted to one large pen by removing interior framework and chicken wire. Presently I had a dog kennel mounted on either side to act as runs when not free ranging. Double doors and ramp paint in great condition.

It will take a large trailer to move. I have the contact info for a local company if needed.

I paid well over $4800 for it only 6 months ago and added a lot of work to it. Asking $3000 OBO

photos of it below

Please e-mail if interested. Shed is located in Stanford CT and in an easy area to pick up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Susan,

thats gorgeous! why are you selling it? Ugh if I had that kind of $ Id be on that!

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    long story I have also been selling off many of my flocks I will only be keeping some as the place in stanford is no longer available so I have to sell what I put up there this past spring. I also need back surgery so I need to slim down anyway. My Ameraucanas are going to a nice family only an hour away so when I am finally settled in my own farm I will get eggs and start back up. My Araucanas have already been sold. I am still wondering whether or not to keep my white silkie flock. I may just sell some and keep a few and put them in a mix silkie flock for now. Anyway thats a long answer but if I dont get enough for the coop in the time I am allowed I will just have it moved to my house and dump it on the side of the driveway I am just afraid that it will atract unwanted atention as I have so many sheds already lol and it is too large to get to the back of my property where I could actually use it which is why I built the shed that is there now.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  4. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    nice coop! i got a 8x12 shed very similar to that one this week and we are converting it to a henhouse. Love the ideas here. Sorry to hear that you are dwnsizing due to surgery. Hope you get the needed med. help soon and feel much better.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Dang Susan-Im so sorry:-( not your white silkies!!! I love them--ahhh sometimes life just keeps kicking yah in the pants! I would throw them all together to be able to keep them all-then when the opportunity comes seperate them out only takes a few weeks to be "pure again" :)I wish I could help in some way [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by