Amish Built Coops/Tractors/Hutches - Albany NY Area?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Connorrm, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    Anyone know where I can find real Amish built items? From actual Amish, not somone with a website saying they're Amish built?

2. yellowirenut

yellowirenut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    New haven, IN
    Most Amish craftsmen i know of work ether construction or in a cabinet shop.
    look for those places to find someone to build your coop.

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Drive around in an Amish neighborhood and look for signs for cabinet work. I have a guy down the road that builds dog house and rabbit house. We talk him into making a coop after he made 2 for me. It still is sitting. For the 6x8 house he was asking 650$ I do believe. Which I think you can make cheaper. But they are nice.

4. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    How far are you willing to drive?
    There is a large Amish and Mennonite community in Seneca Falls/Waterloo, NY area, so about 3 hours west.
    I know Sauder's Store in Seneca Falls does delivery, but not sure how far. And there are other places on the way down to Ithaca that build/sell stuff as well, I just don't recall the names after not being in that area for 4 years.

5. cny rider

cny rider New Egg

Dec 31, 2011
    You shouldn't have to go that far.
    The Richfield Springs area, about 90 minutes west from you on Rte 20 has many Amish involved in the building trade.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by