Ampitrexyl for chickens

Mrs Jackie

Chirping
Jan 23, 2022
I have some chickens battling respiratory issues like runny nose and swelling. It's been super cold here more than usual I've treated with vet rx. Until I can get to a farm center can I use ampitrexyl plus 1000 for them?

I don’t see anything in that product that has antibiotics. It says it is an herbal all natural product. You probably need something that treats mycoplasma or coryza. Is there a bad odor from the face? If not, I would try and get Tylan 50 injectable from a feed store, or Tylosin powder online here:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder .
If there is eye drainage, bubbles or gunk in the eye, you can flush the eye with saline, and apply Terramycin eye ointment, Vetericyn eye gel, or plain Neosporin ointment twice a day.

I have some chickens battling respiratory issues like runny nose and swelling. It's been super cold here more than usual I've treated with vet rx. Until I can get to a farm center can I use ampitrexyl plus 1000 for them?
Where are you located? Can you post a picture of your coop where they sleep? How many share the space and are they all experiencing the same effecrs? It could be related to poor ventilation, ammonia build up at night, excess moisture, etc.

I don't have current photos, but there is plenty ventilation. There were several from the same pen with it I separated them but there's one from a different pen who has it as well. I cleaned each pen and dust with lime then turn the soil compact it before returning chickens, but they aren't getting better I think the wind is getting to them.

Where are you located? Can you post a picture of your coop where they sleep? How many share the space and are they all experiencing the same effecrs? It could be related to poor ventilation, ammonia build up at night, excess moisture, etc.
Were located in Central Alabama

Here are screenshots from a video I took.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-193746_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-193746_Facebook.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220123-193627_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-193627_Facebook.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220123-193608_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-193608_Facebook.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220123-193552_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-193552_Facebook.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 1
I don’t see anything in that product that has antibiotics. It says it is an herbal all natural product. You probably need something that treats mycoplasma or coryza. Is there a bad odor from the face? If not, I would try and get Tylan 50 injectable from a feed store, or Tylosin powder online here:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder .
If there is eye drainage, bubbles or gunk in the eye, you can flush the eye with saline, and apply Terramycin eye ointment, Vetericyn eye gel, or plain Neosporin ointment twice a day.
Ok thank you. Since ampitrexyl helps fight colds could it help the chickens until I can get the meds you listed?

Back
Top Bottom