Amusing babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bs288, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bs288

bs288 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    My babies are now 3 weeks old. They got moved into a new brooder this weekend because they were getting way to big and messy to stay in the house. I worried because it got down to the high 30's the first night out there but they did great. Yesterday they got their first taste of worms. I laughed so hard watching them play worm football. Today a couple has discovered the pan of dirt i have in there and they took dirt baths. Also today they were doing chest bumps. Every day they are doing and learning new thing. I sit for hours watching them. Who would have thunk chickens could be so entertaining?

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Now Im not sure which state your in ( weather wise) but Im getting ready to put my not so fully feathered chicks 3 weekers down in garage with a 250 watt light -were yours on lights?? it still in 20-30's at night here...Im really nervous and might just do 2 lights to cover my butt-or ease my mind whichever works [​IMG]

3. bs288

bs288 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    I'm in Ohio. Last couple days have been in the 60's First night I worried almost as bad as the first night I had them. We do have a 250 watt light on them. I put plastic on half of the front to keep out the drafts and silver insulation stuff left over from the barn over the top to try to keep in the heat. it has stayed about 70 in there even on the cold night

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by