Amy-Chocolate Serama Hen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Crystalwhite, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Crystalwhite

Crystalwhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    For Sale from Maple Hill Seramas is Amy a Cute Chocolate Hen.She has some spangling on her breast. She is the full daughter of Hershey Boy. She was born on April 25, 2011 and weighs 10.5 ounces. She is a great layer and has a sweet personality.

We accept paypal payments to [email protected]. Please pay for chickens within 5 days of the end of the auction. We can combine shipping please ask for an invoice for multiple purchases. Thank you

2. Crystalwhite

Crystalwhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hershey Boy
    [​IMG]

3. Ptlfarms

Ptlfarms New Egg

Dec 5, 2011
    Hi i was wondering if u would have a roo and any more hens and can u ship them to mo thanks pat

4. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Hello, her mother Brita isn't true chocolate so technically Amy would be chocolate (from Hershey Boy) & dun. She's a pretty girl but if somebody is working on a chocolate project they should be aware that her mother is not "chocolate". [​IMG]

5. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:I also heard the same thing from the original source.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  6. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    I *thought* (forgive me if remembering wrong) if Hershey Boy was chocolate, then all of his daughters would be chocolate (not possible for girls to be split since it is a sex-link type of gene). It shouldn't matter what color the mother is, if the father is full-chocolate. Or if Hershey boy is dun instead of chocolate, then this girl is probably dun also? Whatever he is, Hershey Boy is gorgeous!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  7. TinyBirds

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:It wouldn't matter what color the mother is, so long as Hershey boy is indeed chocolate. The female offspring get the gene from their father, and the mother has nothing to do with it since it's a sex-link gene. The male offspring are affected by the mother's color though, so if the mother is not chocolate, then the male-offspring will just be split-chocolate and not full-chocolate.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. TinyBirds

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Love her! Is she confirmed to be laying fertile eggs? I just would like to know for sure on that before bidding on her, since she's small and I've heard sometimes the smaller seramas don't lay fertile eggs (maybe that's only the super-tiny ones though - not sure). Thanks!

9. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:It wouldn't matter what color the mother is, so long as Hershey boy is indeed chocolate. The female offspring get the gene from their father, and the mother has nothing to do with it since it's a sex-link gene. The male offspring are affected by the mother's color though, so if the mother is not chocolate, then the male-offspring will just be split-chocolate and not full-chocolate.

You are correct. Chocolate is sex-linked and his daughters will be chocolate if they are chocolate. His sons however will either be split to chocolate or not a carrier at all. The hen will have nothing to do with the choc gene in this generation. She a beautiful pullet Reidinger, thanks for offering her up. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by