1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

amy hatched her first peachick with pics (new baby pic added)

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by little blue, Jul 29, 2011.

1. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    my sp hen amy hatched her first peachick today.me an my dad went out to check on her because she is outside in the run on her nest an was due to hatch.we had bad storms coming tonight so i was hoping she would have hatched them an go in the coop.my dad picked her up an she had one super cute sp or pied just got a fast look my dad took her other egg so she would leave the nest with here chick an get some food an water.i will post pics later we have eggs in lockdown today so we through here egg in the bator.tomorrow my dad an me will be weeding there coop an getting it peachick proof.lol

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see those babies. [​IMG]

3. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    cool [​IMG]

4. little blue

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    she only had one chick she seems to be a great mom. 3 days ago she sat on her eggs durning a storm were we got like 3-4 inches of rain in like 45 mins an 40-50 mph winds.she was soaked when i went out to check on her.

5. little blue

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    i am uploading so pics right now but she would not lets us take a pic of her chicks

6. little blue

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    here are some pics of amy sitting on her nest with the happy daddy of the chick watching over her
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here is just a pic of our IB standing in the bushes
    [​IMG]

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Cool pictures. I wish you were closer to me, I would love to buy some of your chicks.

8. little blue

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    if she takes him out tommorow and starts walking around with him i will get some pics

9. little blue

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    Quote:thanks yea virginia ia a little far away lol

10. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Quote:Wow.... Those are great pictures. She is in a good place. What are those bushes? Or are they just weeds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by