An apology and a few pictures.

draftiemama

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Florida
First off I should apologize for posting pictures here and not interacting with you all.

I have to admit it's a little daunting coming to a BB and not knowing anyone.

I'll make an effort to post more.
frow.gif

On to the pictures but first a little background on Charmain the peahen. Last year Memorial weekend she just showed up out of the blue at our place and has never left. I think she was lonely, at the time I had two peacocks but no peahen, she must have sensed that she'd be welcome here.
wink.png
I called her Charmain the hussy for a long time but I'm nicer to her now that she's shown me what a good mama she is.
big_smile.png

She had paid me back handsomely with these little peeps. I am enjoying the heck out of watching them grow and and learn to stay away from the horses hooves, the dogs and other scary things we have here.

Pictures from this evening.

4-5.jpg

Is that a falling star I captured?

5-4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ohhh.. lookit how loving she is to her peeps! I can almost hear the story she's tellin' those little ones..
smile.png

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Charmain
wink.png

Wow, u really need to post pics more often!!!! They are gorgeous!!! I thought the female birds were ugly, wow, was I wrong!!!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about people posting pictures on this board. In fact I think the "warning pic heavy" that people put in the subject lines is funny, it just helps me find the pictures faster.
big_smile.png

These pictures are amazing! So pretty and sweet! It does look like a falling star to me...cool!!!

What absolutely beautiful photos of such a blessed mama and her babies. I've never seen such a gorgeous photo of a mama peahen and her babies.

Gets me excited. I've wanted peacocks all my life. Just ordered some that should be here tomorrow or next day. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom