An apology and a few pictures.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by draftiemama, Jul 9, 2008.

1. draftiemama

draftiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Florida
    First off I should apologize for posting pictures here and not interacting with you all.

I have to admit it's a little daunting coming to a BB and not knowing anyone.

I'll make an effort to post more.[​IMG]

On to the pictures but first a little background on Charmain the peahen. Last year Memorial weekend she just showed up out of the blue at our place and has never left. I think she was lonely, at the time I had two peacocks but no peahen, she must have sensed that she'd be welcome here.[​IMG] I called her Charmain the hussy for a long time but I'm nicer to her now that she's shown me what a good mama she is. [​IMG]

She had paid me back handsomely with these little peeps. I am enjoying the heck out of watching them grow and and learn to stay away from the horses hooves, the dogs and other scary things we have here.

Pictures from this evening.

[​IMG]

Is that a falling star I captured?

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

3. Siber_AK49

Siber_AK49 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2008
    Sterling, Alaska
    Wow they are gorgeous [​IMG] ! Love love love the little peepers! [​IMG]

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Very nice pics!

5. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    What a gorgeous moment and group of birds! Thank you for making me smile [​IMG]

6. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Ohhh.. lookit how loving she is to her peeps! I can almost hear the story she's tellin' those little ones.. [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Charmain [​IMG]

7. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow you did catch a falling star.... [​IMG] That is so neat. Those babys are so adorable too. Congradulations. What are u going to do with them? Keep them all??

8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Wow, u really need to post pics more often!!!! They are gorgeous!!! I thought the female birds were ugly, wow, was I wrong!!!

9. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about people posting pictures on this board. In fact I think the "warning pic heavy" that people put in the subject lines is funny, it just helps me find the pictures faster. [​IMG]

These pictures are amazing! So pretty and sweet! It does look like a falling star to me...cool!!!

10. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    What absolutely beautiful photos of such a blessed mama and her babies. I've never seen such a gorgeous photo of a mama peahen and her babies.

Gets me excited. I've wanted peacocks all my life. Just ordered some that should be here tomorrow or next day. Can't wait.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by