1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

An Atrocity Absolutely No Pictures

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by geareduplyn, Apr 11, 2009.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I was going to list some hatching eggs this evening with my limited computer time, but will post this instead. There have been buzzards circling west of my house this week. Today I walked up and looked to see what it was. It is a Great Pyrenees that had been skinned. What kind of a monster would do such a thing? I'm bringing the backhoe home tomorrow so at least it will be buried.
    This has really saddened me. I currently have 11 dogs, 6 of which are rescues. I'm not sure how I would deal with the person who did this if I were to have a chance to confront them, but I'm sure I would not be a nice guy.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, my gosh, how horrible, Gary! An atrocity for sure. Hope I never meet up with anyone who would do such a thing.

3. finnleyjo

finnleyjo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Oh no. I'm sorry yo had to find that.

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you ever seen the dog before? That is about the grossest thing I have ever heard of, who would do such a horrible thing . . .if you have older kids, and they know about it, I found out that a teen can casually ask ?'s about stuff like this, and someone is always ready to brag or dumb enough to tell . . . then I would nail them to the wall. . .there are ways to do it without them ever knowing who blew the whistle.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Hope no one made a pelt out of his beautiful fur!

Its a shame and it saddens me that the dog ended up like that! At least he would have a nice burial!

7. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    how awful! Makes me want to run outside and hug my big fluffy girl, she is so sweet and without her I know my goats may not be safe.

8. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    have you report it? How did the dog die? Was it shot?

9. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Dumb question, how do you know it was a Great Pyrenees? Did they do a lousy job of skinning or leave the pelt behind?

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    that sickens me! i mean it really hurts me to think of what happend to that animal...why? who? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by