An "Aww!" moment

Sammster

Crowing
Jul 31, 2021
SE Michigan
For the last several days, I've been taking my six, 4- week-olds, out to the coop and pen, just for fresh air and coop introduction. Initially they clung together, as they do in the brooder. Each day, they've explored a bit further from each other. Sometimes I bring in a chair and sit with them for a while. They're fun to watch, and I want them to feel comfortable with me. Today, after a bit of yard work, I joined them in the pen, and as I sat - for the first time, they ran *toward* me. 🥰

For the last several days, I've been taking my six, 4- week-olds, out to the coop and pen, just for fresh air and coop introduction. Initially they clung together, as they do in the brooder. Each day, they've explored a bit further from each other. Sometimes I bring in a chair and sit with them for a while. They're fun to watch, and I want them to feel comfortable with me. Today, after a bit of yard work, I joined them in the pen, and as I sat - for the first time, they ran *toward* me. 🥰
Yay! This is a good development for them! It will also help when it's time to put them away, it'll make put-away time alot easier!

Back
Top Bottom