An awwwww moment .....

Andrea PNW

Songster
Sep 4, 2020
Sharing a pic of all my blondies (both water fowl and canine) napping under the pear tree.

Quick Q - there is sudden interest from my ladies in eating the charcoal in my fire pit. Not a lot but they will grab a bill-full here and there. I don't burn garbage or food in it - just cardboard from time to time and a whole lotta blackberry/raspberry canes. I assume it's fine but could it be a vitamin deficiency?

Thanks fellow duck mamas.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_151013.jpg
    IMG_20210511_151013.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 23
one of my girls will jump up to the fire pit (when it’s not lit obviously) and dig her beak through it, ducks just love to explore

mine also have a bunch of toys to keep them busy, if you don’t want her in the fire pit/have something in it that could hurt her you could get toys to distract her
What toys do you recommend? And I'm not bothered with the fire pit business it's just.... weird?

Beautiful picture-worthy of being painted. Yeah, sometimes our pets will eat strange things. I'm sure the firepit is interesting and the charcoal may contain a bit of nourishment for them. Loved the picture!

Back
Top Bottom