An egg!!!! We got one!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Pommie Chick, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Pommie Chick

Pommie Chick Out Of The Brooder

Well after my post a few days ago worrying about the girls being 29 weeks and still no egg. Today we finally got one!!! I had a feeling something was going on this morning when I was cleaning the coop and She kept coming in and out.

I did notice that she was struggling to get into the nesting box because she's so big, so I removed the dividing wall between the 2 nesting boxes and made it into one big one. She went back in for about an hour. T

he other chicken who's the same age stayed in there with her the whole time (is that normal??)

Eventually I popped my head in and there it was, both girls were studying it and trying to peck at it, so I whipped it out quickly while it was still warm.

I've given all the girls a treat for that!

I am now a very happy lady today!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations! Perhaps her buddy will start soon.

3. chickenlady772

chickenlady772 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2013
    Vero Beach , Florida
    :D

4. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Yay!! Congratulations! One of my girls just started squatting today! Ooh I can't wait!!

5. dkissler

dkissler Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2013
    I have a 48 week old buff Orpington who hasn't laid an egg yet. She is squatting and sits in the nest but has produced an egg. Should I be worried?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by