an expert opinion-roo? [pic]

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by New Kid In the Coop, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. New Kid In the Coop

    New Kid In the Coop Out Of The Brooder

    40
    0
    32
    Aug 15, 2008
    SW Washington
    I am kind of thinking this little chick is a boy...it's about 2.5 weeks old and I noticed it's comb is a little pink and it's feathers aren't in as good as my other SLW the same age. Is it too early to tell? Am I just seeing things? Thanks in advanced for your opinions!

    [​IMG]

     
  2. DTchickens

    DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

    4,394
    33
    253
    Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Rooster pose. Thick legs, Red comb, i say 80% chance rooster. 20% chance hen
     
  3. shmooborp

    shmooborp artistic fowlism

    id say roo
     
  4. New Kid In the Coop

    New Kid In the Coop Out Of The Brooder

    40
    0
    32
    Aug 15, 2008
    SW Washington
    So I'm not seeing things! I kind of thought so but I am completely new to chickens. My kids are going to be sad. we live in the city and can't have roosters. Such as life![​IMG]
     
  5. ravenfeathers

    ravenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

    401
    9
    121
    May 23, 2008
    vermont
    based on the scanty feathering and the tree trunk legs, i'm going to vote roo, too.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by