An ice cold watermelon kind of day. (DUW!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CarolinaGirl, Jun 17, 2008.

1. CarolinaGirl

CarolinaGirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2008
    The produce stand sent my beasties 2 scrapped watermelons today... Seeing as I spoil my babies rotten, I popped them in the freezer for an hour to get the nice and cold.

The ladies and their roos got one whole melon cut in half. My goats got the other one... No pictures of the goaties but here's a few of my chickens digging in [​IMG]

Dexter, my sweet naked neck roo with 3 of my EE ladies. Love how his foot is up in the melon [​IMG] The white naked neck face to the far left is his brother, Tyson, the boss of the group.
    [​IMG]

Aggie (or possibly Petey :|) with her drippy beak.
    [​IMG]

The ladies, sharing their melon. All of my EEs, my BO, Salmon Faverolle and my Delaware [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My little bantam mutt roo, Basil. He's been lost since his 2 ladies, Sage and Rosemary, have gone broody. Poor boy. He's a unique guy, loves golf cart rides. Only problem is he wants to ride on the steering wheel! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's Sage, a couple weeks ago before she went broody sneaking some bites of cantaloupe. She's a cute tiny little thing.
    [​IMG]

Can't leave out Rosemary, his other wife [​IMG] This was before she went broody as well, sitting in the golf cart.. Her eggs should be hatching in just a couple days [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking at my sweeties! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwwwww.........they are all just beautiful!!!

3. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Nice pics! Thank you for sharing them. [​IMG]

Stacy

4. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Great pictures. Mine enjoyed some watermelon the other day as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by