An interesting Cinderfella for you puzzle solvers ;-)

delawaregirl09

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
Between that stump and you
Alright, I got him/her yesterday evening from a Neighborhood backyard. The lady told me he had been there for a month. He/she was alive, but so so skinny. I saw pointed saddle feathers, hackle feathers, and small spur bumps. But this boy hadnt crowed at all in a month. But I think he/she is young young young. Maybe 3 to 5 months old. What breed do you guys think. He/she is not as small as a bantam, thankfully, but he/she isnt as a big as the standards either. But like I said, he/she is young. I'm 99% sure its a rooster, just a young one who hasnt started crowing yet, but he/she makes hen noises...

Body shot

Head shot for comb type (what kind of comb is this?????)

Feet shot

TurkeyMountainChickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Central Virginia
Your bird is definitely a cockerel - pullets don't have pointed hackle and saddle feathers. And those are sickle shaped tail feathers I see! I've had cockerels before that didn't crow until long after they reached full size. I'd give this guy a few more months before worrying.

The comb looks sort of like a pea comb? Perhaps in the heterozygous state?

Chris09

Circle (M) Ranch
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Ohio
He looks to be a Oriental game cross, but it is a rooster.
The color is all most a Golden Duckwing.

Chris

Last edited:

Chief

Songster
10 Years
Oct 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
Most definitely a cockerel! And I agree really quite young maybe about 3 months or so. Pea comb, and mostly game if not all game of some sort. Give him some good food, worm him, and wait another couple months. He'll probably end up really nice looking. I wouldn't worry about the crowing just yet. One of mine never crowed till after he was 14 months old.

wordgirl

One of the Shire-folk
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Pretty positive that's a boy, but not sure on breed. He's gonna be GORGEOUS when you've gotten him healthy again. Thanks for taking him in!

Last edited:

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
He looks like Axel Rose to me... (with the long blond hair..)

Last edited:

Ariel301

Songster
10 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Kingman Arizona
That's an interesting looking one lol....

Definitely a rooster. I am pretty sure I see some sort of Asian game in him, and maybe EE too?

Latest posts

Top Bottom