An ironic place to nap

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by crawfordmama, Aug 12, 2010.

1. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    My four BSLs are allowed to free range. Today, they've been in the same place - under our deck finding all kinds of delicious weeds and bugs. For an afternoon treat, I decided to chop up some tomato. I brought it outside, but found only two hens under the deck. Okay, the others must be around the corner. Wrong! I looked in the front yard, around the coop and run, in the woods, even across the street. I started to panic. Had a hawk gotten them? I hadn't heard any commotion. I turned around to go inside to get my oldest to help with the search. As I started up the deck stairs, I saw this:
    [​IMG]
    OMG, I almost had a heart attack while they're napping in the grill! Maybe they're aspiring to be meaties. When I opened to door to the front, they looked up and gave me the stink eye for disturbing them. Had the back not been open, I'd still be running around like a crazy woman! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    [​IMG]

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Our hens are obsessed with the grill too! They love to perch on it... always found it ironic.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    One of my chicks jumped up on my DH's arm while he was grilling the other night. DH is not a big chicken lover. That chick had no idea how close she came to be a side dish.

5. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

6. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    Uh, oh! Somebody pooped in the grill! I'll have to clean that up before DH sees it!

7. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    [​IMG]

9. suburbanchx

suburbanchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    That's TOO funny!!!!!!!! Yeah, I would makesure all the poop is out of there before you start grilling!!!!

10. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by