An ironic place to nap

crawfordmama

Songster
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
The Lakes Region, NH
My four BSLs are allowed to free range. Today, they've been in the same place - under our deck finding all kinds of delicious weeds and bugs. For an afternoon treat, I decided to chop up some tomato. I brought it outside, but found only two hens under the deck. Okay, the others must be around the corner. Wrong! I looked in the front yard, around the coop and run, in the woods, even across the street. I started to panic. Had a hawk gotten them? I hadn't heard any commotion. I turned around to go inside to get my oldest to help with the search. As I started up the deck stairs, I saw this:
61814_img00115.jpg

OMG, I almost had a heart attack while they're napping in the grill! Maybe they're aspiring to be meaties. When I opened to door to the front, they looked up and gave me the stink eye for disturbing them. Had the back not been open, I'd still be running around like a crazy woman!
wink.png

61814_img00116.jpg

61814_img00117.jpg

gig.gif

One of my chicks jumped up on my DH's arm while he was grilling the other night. DH is not a big chicken lover. That chick had no idea how close she came to be a side dish.

That's TOO funny!!!!!!!! Yeah, I would makesure all the poop is out of there before you start grilling!!!!

Back
Top Bottom