An update about chesepeake energy thread PIC s included

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lovemychicks9, Jul 11, 2008.

1. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Okay they have finished taking out the trees around our property and I basically don't have anything left. Told us they would leave all the trees around the back on would not come within 50 feeet our fence on the side of the house . Well , they lied. We went from secluded and quiet to stark and noisy. Also found out today that they are putting in a "pond " next to our fence on the side of the house that promises not to be less than 50 feet away from our fence , do I believe them -------- Heck No. Look what they did ---- I will give you before and after shots and you tell me if you like the view. Now all I hear are 3 bulldozers going in my back yard at 6 in the morning until 6 at night!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

this was the view from the back -

[​IMG]

this is the view now-

[​IMG]

this was the side/ back of the house-

[​IMG]

this was the side of the house-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is what we see now-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So do you think that I now love my home in the country? I have a very good birds eye view of everything and I will be living in mosquito heaven when the "pond" goes in. So one good thing the predators have no where to hide out back now! Whopee!!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    What a bummer - I know you are sad about your view!

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    That's got to really take the wind out of your sails. Is hubby still opposed to moving?

4. Bird Hearder

Bird Hearder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Salisbury, Md.
    It will grow back before you know it. maybe not the trees but a lot of brush. And a POND? Hmm. Fish to eat the mosquito larva and Geese and ducks, to honk and quack.

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    What is it they are doing? why are they clearing and putting in a pond?

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I read your other thread first. Now that I have seen these pics I feel for you even more. What a shame. I hope you can find peace in your heart today. It seems you need to go lock your self in the chicken coop for a long cry. Yes! I have done this, NO! its not crazy!! Is it!!??[​IMG]

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    That sucks!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  8. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    That really really sucks [​IMG]

I am curious too, what are they clearing the land for?

9. carwinew

carwinew Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2008
    How close is your house to the fences? Are they putting in an access road for a new well? Or is that a new pipeline route? Is that your property beyond the fence or is tha someone elses? Is the 'pond' a containment pond?
    Cheseapeake is down in our area but primarily east of us. We are dealing with Devon Energy here as they hold leases in this part of the Barnett Shale area. We were told that they have to be 300' from dwellings. We don't have a well on our property yet but our lease agreement states that well locations and payments will be negotiated. Devon has gone out of their way to be a good neighbor as they are putting in a well on our neighbors property but they told us ahead of all the work. They regraded the road in front of our gate where they tore it up and even rocked and leveled our drive when they were doing the area out front. We do have the supervisors name and number if there are problems and haven't had to use it. There is lots of truck traffic at all hours as they haven't finished fragging yet.

10. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    I am curious too, what are they clearing the land for?

Never mind I found your other threads. I hope that you are able to find real solutions in this problem.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by