An update about me and my duckies!

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
Hi there friends!

Man, it's been a long time since I've been on BYC! Since switching careers (I am now teaching), finding time for activities online has diminished, but I wanted to leave an update!

My indoor house ducks Victor and Ming Mei are doing great! They just turned 4 years old over the past 2 weeks! They had a great b-day party including a cake and a new present- a special crate so they can go for bike rides! (I'll post a special topic with pics!)

As far as me- I am teaching pre-K in a burb north of Chicago. I am living right by the lake in the northern part of the city. Victor and Ming Mei have become minor celebrities here in our part of town. I am also still doing my art thing including several shows this year for my paintings (i have one in october!). I also am getting back to performing my original music at open mics and occasionally a full shoe here and there.

I've been very fortunate to not have had any health problems with my ducks' health and have been trying to get my bottom back on byc to offer help and advise to those experiencing issues. I've experienced some common and also some very strange health issues with ducks and hope to share some knowledge again now that my life has settled a bit... though I wouldn't be surprised if it got a bit hectic again in the not-so-distant future (like getting engaged :)

I've updated my email and stuff on here in my siggy, so if anyone needed to contact me, try through there first rather than BYC since I'll get it faster then!

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to getting on BYC to see updates about you and your ducks as well!

Nice to see you back Nettie!
frow.gif

Oh I forgot to mention my Foster ducks, Vinny and Ollie! They went to a wonderful new home in MN! Their new momma posts pictures for me via facebook from time to time so I can see how they are doing. They are mostly house pets wearing their diapers!

When They first met their new momma, both of them hugged her and snuggled her! It was like a match made in ducky heaven!

Back
Top Bottom