1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

An update on the little ones *pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by doghamstyluv95, Jun 12, 2007.

1. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    so my babies are happy and healthy and they are currently 3 weeks old. here are the pics and if you have any suspicions about any of them being roos, plz tell me. the only one that i think could be a roo is my silver laced wyandotte but i hope not because if he is, we have to give him away

Australorp: Hen?
    [​IMG]

RIR: Hen?
    [​IMG]

Buff Brahma: Hen?
    [​IMG]

Barred Rock: Hen?
    [​IMG]

GLW: Hen?
    [​IMG]

SLW: Roo? (hes acting like a roo)
    [​IMG]

Speckled Sussex: Hen?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Golden Campine: Hen?
    [​IMG]

Black Silkie: Hen?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I am definately no expert, but I say the Barred Rock and the speckled sussex are roo's. Can't wait to see what others say.

3. doghamstyluv95

Apr 28, 2007
    well see the thing is that my grandpa came and said that only the SLW is a roo but i do trust him a lot cause he has had 30 years of experience. i also think that the speckled sussex isnt a roo because the breed usually has big combs so im pretty sure that the speckled sussex is a girl. she also acts like the rest of them which are girls an the SLW acts a little different sorta like its showing off for the girls

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  4. doghamstyluv95

Apr 28, 2007
    can anyone help?

5. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    sussex looks like a lil roo but the barred I would wait a lil bit before making the sex call on them. Alot of my females looked like that one, but most of my males were a lighter color to them.
    but i am not an expert either

that brahma is the cutest lil chicky!! I want one!!

6. doghamstyluv95

Apr 28, 2007
    omg i really dont want the sussex to be a roo because she is my fav out of all of em. Ive already named her Coco! she is soooo nice she comes up to me and just sits on my shoulder or hand and falls asleep. She is the sweetest little thing and i cant part with her

7. Shannon

Shannon Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2007
    I'm certainly not an expert (newbie myself), but I'd say that the sussex is definately a roo. I love the brahma!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by