Anatolians are NOT obedient dogs...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by watchdogps, Nov 13, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    But sometimes they will do things to humor us silly humans! My oldest boy, Seven, and I tried our hand at rally obedience today. I entered on a whim just to see what we could do (note- I'm. Not new to obed, but haven't done any with the anatolians) Seven is almost seven yrs old and has never been trained for anything except conformation until I started training him for this two weeks ago. We did maybe ten mins a day, and missed a couple days bc I was sick.
    Well, we scored a 95 out of 100!
    That's one leg toward our title! It wasn't pretty and precise, but it worked, and you could tell he was amused by the whole thing, which he saw no point to. He was happy to please his mom though.

Oh, and he was also trained with NO physical corrections, usually no leash, and a clicker.

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

3. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    [​IMG]

4. Fenika

Fenika Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    The title says it all [​IMG]

Congrats!

5. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Cool! Pictures??? [​IMG]

6. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:No flash photos while dogs are working. :-( we did get a pic w the judge and our ribbon though. Waiting on the camera owner to email it!

7. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    How fun! I really think they are gorgeous dogs and probably really fun to own. I also train with a lot of clicker and toy/treat reward for obedience. Good Job! The next question is: Are you going for a title on him then? [​IMG]

8. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:If I start it, I finish it! The only title I've left unfinished was my first schips Rally Excellent, and that only because he died of hemangiosarcoma after his first leg.

9. OnBorrowedWings

OnBorrowedWings Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    Good boy Seven!
    What fun! Good luck with the rest of your legs. I love the fact that he found it amusing....great job.

Gaela (IWS) currently preparing for conformation, agility, obedience, hunt tests, and musical freestyle
    Widget (Pyr Shep) breed champion, CD, RA, competing in obedience and agility, preparing for herding trials, freestyle performer, instrumental in helping me with clients' reactive dogs, dam of breed champion and agility competitors
    Django (Pyr Shep) farm dog excellent, preparing for obedience, agility, and herding trials
    Trooper (Pyr Shep) AKC Grand champion, specialing, preparing for obedience, agility, herding trials, and musical freestyle
    Boon (border collie) retired farm dog and High in Trial winning obedience dog, freestyle performer

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by