1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ancestory. com and old family pictures

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Nov 8, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Do you think it would be worth the time and effort to post my OLD family pictures? I have some that are SO old and unknown to me, probably family friends or neighbors.

Would you think those relatives or descendents would appreciate these?

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Absolutely, my sister uses the site all the time and has found pics of our ancestors.

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:I think it's a great idea and current and future relatives would really appreciate you posting those pictures!

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    I've got a bushel of old family photos. The only thing I know for sure, is that if they look gorgeous, then they're not related...[​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I have some pictures of family friends that are totally unrelated to us......do you think its a good idea to GIVE those photos to them? I just dont see any purpose of keeping them when they are not related. Some of them seems to be neighbors.

I don't know where to start? I dont want people to start scrambling saying I want it and I dont know how to choose a person that would appreciate the pictures and keep them in their families.

Should I post it on Ancestory even they are not related or do I need to start up a new family line for them and post pictures in there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by