Ancona chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SlowMoneyFarm, May 11, 2011.

1. SlowMoneyFarm

SlowMoneyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    Have an assortment that's a couple months old - three of 8 remaining that look alike. They started white with black backs, very energetic (ok Leghorn type spazzes :) ) - they've turned into black with white splotches. I have a short video but can't post anything to link it at youtube (name is under JanH1961 it's under recent uploads) - she is in the center and the little cockerel is behind her drinking...I'm about 90% sure they're Anconas as nothing else "fits" - but wanted to see if anyone else could confirm this or ??? They're about Leghorn size - there's a trio I'm going to keep but I want to make sure what they are. Frustrating to not be able to ask what I joined to ask - and other chicken sites don't answer at all.

2. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Is it this vid?

LMK

3. SlowMoneyFarm

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    Yes - ty - the pullet (well the one visible here) is on the right side, walking away then sits down 1/2 way down. The cockerel is behind her (comb difference is clear) drinking

4. SlowMoneyFarm

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    Also there's another 'trio' I suspect are straight comb brown leghorns - they're just very slightly larger than those - nowhere near as big as Americaunas or RI Reds etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by