1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ancona Drakes

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by AuroraSprings, Sep 12, 2012.

1. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    This is a last ditch effort to find these boys a flock of their own. We have no use for them and they are eating us out of house and home. Before they are shipped off to freezer camp, we would like to offer them to the BYC community.

**MAKE OFFER**

There are 8 adults and 1 youngster. Variety of colors, including tricolor, lilac, and more.

I will consider trades for laying hens or pullets (chickens, not ducks, lol)

2. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    What color is the drake in the middle picture? Is that considered lilac or ??? I think he's really pretty.

3. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The one front and center in the middle photo is a tricolor. It's exhibiting the dusky gene and runner pattern. Not sure what the actual color is called. If he had the extended black gene present, I think he would be silver. Can't guarantee that's right.

4. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    Well, I think he's very pretty. If I were closer, I would take him and put him in my mixed pet flock. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by