Ancona Ducks in Oregon

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CraigslistDucks, Feb 25, 2016.

1. CraigslistDucks

CraigslistDucks New Egg

Feb 24, 2016
    Central Oregon
    Hello!

I joined yesterday. I've done a bunch of research and I really want two hens (at least).

I have never incubated eggs. Or raised ducklings.

I have two friendly friendly Pekins right now, and a duck house and pen...

Anyways! I'm pretty much wondering how my dream of having two Anconas hens running around can come true!!

Thanks a bunch!

2. FaerieGlynne

FaerieGlynne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2016
    Clackamas County Oregon
    I would contact bookdockers

https://boondockers.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Phone: 503-632-7934 - Address: 25720 S. Beavercreek Road, Beavercreek, OR 97004

They are not great with the internet updates but I went and checked them out thinking to do some volunteer work a few years back. From my VERY limited experience I liked the look of their set up. They were knowledgeable and seeing the 100s of anconas and ducklings was a real treat.

Good luck!

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    i would not recommend them for pure anconas. Not to mention they negative reviews they have for the last 2 seasons... Do a little research first ;)

There are tons of reputable pure ancona breeders who ship and are in that area. Feel free to message me for more details or to chat!

4. CraigslistDucks

CraigslistDucks New Egg

Feb 24, 2016
    Central Oregon
    What are some reputable breeders that can ship to me? And are they shipping eggs or ducklings to me?

Is there anyone in Oregon that have a pair of Anconas that would be able to sell me a couple ducklings? That's what I would prefer- someone small rather than someone large.

5. CraigslistDucks

CraigslistDucks New Egg

Feb 24, 2016
    Central Oregon
    As far as there being ton of reputable Ancona breeders that will ship to me, who and where are they?

I'm hoping to get sent sexed ducklings, and the sooner the better.

6. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Send me a message and I'd be happy to answer your questions. That way no one gets upset if I name names publicly

7. Casa Postal

Casa Postal New Egg

Apr 20, 2016
    Eugene, Oregon
    We just got a year old pair of Anconas. We hope to hatch eggs. We are in Eugene.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by