Ancona ducks?

KsTornado11

Crowing
16 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Kansas
Anyone else have these? I have 3,and wanting more. I don't know of many hatcheries that have them, I know Cackle does though.

They sure are cute, but I don't know anything about them
AnconaDuckFlock.jpg

Shhh... AK knows I ordered them, but she doesn't know how many. I requested the week of 7 April for delivery.

I also ordered 6 Pilgrims.

That should give me plenty of time to get the coop done. As soon as the ground thaws I will be borrowing my neighbor's backhoe to run water and electricity. I am putting in doors and windows right now.

Fun, fun! 30 may not be so hard to justify- I advertised eggs for sale at work and am sold out two weeks in advance. Looks like I am going to have to build a separate duck pen so I can get more chickens and ducks to keep up with demand.

Hmm, since they are a rare breed you can also tell her that you can always sell them if it turns out to be too many...

Oh dear, I can't believe I am plotting against my best friend! Surely she won't be mad though!

I am hung up on those sebastapol geese. Ack! And I want Khacki Campbells, Silver Appleyards. I'll warn you-farm birds are addictive.

I can't wait to see your spotty ducks and hear how they do. Then I will probably want some of those too. ugh!

Hello, Everyone!!!
I was searching for Ancona duck info and just found this link. I currently have a flock of 13 Anconas ......mostly Black/White. My original stock came from Holderreads in 2004. I absolutely LOVE these ducks!!! Not only are they beautiful, they're also very friendly,calm and fantastic layers. I'm looking to infuse some new blood into my flock. Anyone out there willing to sell or trade eggs?!? Mine aren't laying yet....but hopefully sometime soon. I've had fantastic luck hatching ducklings from this flock. I'm located in Ellenville, New York. Have a great day!!!!
Sincerely, Kathy

Back
Top Bottom