Ancona ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mlbroad, Jan 8, 2011.

1. mlbroad

mlbroad Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    Well i guess i can put it like this. I am searching for certain color of duck. This has been a 6 month project to find exactly what im looking for. Any help with this will be most appreciated. Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking for pied anconas. The color patter looks like a white pekin and rouen cross. There are very few pics of these ducks on line Boondoockers farm has the picture of a nice hen. I am lookig for a half white half rouen ratio. If you can help me or assist me in any way please let me know. Id rather you email me because im not sure how to read replies on here its a struggle or im just looking in ther wrong areas. Thanks in advance for your help and support. as soon as i figure out how to post a pic i will put a pic of the duck on this page so you can see how she look.
    Marcus
    [email protected]

2. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    If nothing else, post a link to find the picture. I'd be interested in seeing what you mean. At one point I had an Ancona cross that had a brown head and brown body, but a white butt and a white neck. She was definitely interesting, but I ended up selling her off since she was a mix.

3. mlbroad

Jan 7, 2011
    I got a pic give me your email address

4. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Are you looking for a chocolate Ancona Duck? This would have the broken pattern of the normal black/white Ancona but the black would be replaced by a chocolate brown due to a dilution gene that dilutes the black to brown. These are fairly common in a flock of ancona that has not been bred for only true black.

5. mlbroad

Jan 7, 2011
    Check out my ancona ducks on youtube and email me wit your thoughts [email protected] broadnax ancona ducks is the title on youtube. Thanks for your thoughts in advance

Marcus b

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  6. kswaterfowl

kswaterfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    Greencastle, IN
    Are you talking about pencilled Anconas? I've had them in the past, got them from Holderreads farm when we got Anconas from them a long time ago. We even hatched a few in the successive breeding seasons and I ended up with a drake from another breeder and finally ended up culling them all because I didn't like the looks of them. Maybe try a pencilled runner. The females look alot alike, and I have no doubt now after seeing pencilled anconas and pencilled runners that the Anconas have a lot of Runner-blood in their genetic makeup.

7. mlbroad

Jan 7, 2011
    Yes that is what they are called they have a mallard pattern patches. I need a set to breed in the spring.

8. mlbroad

Jan 7, 2011
    Everyone check out my ducks on youtube and let me know what you think my email is [email protected]

Broadnax ancona ducks

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  9. crystaldegallina

crystaldegallina Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Meigs County, Ohio
    I am pretty sure I have a drake of the pattern you are looking for. I am in SE Ohio, not sure where you are at. I will try to get a pic in the next couple days

10. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:Post your pic, here, too....I want to see if that is what I have one of.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by