Ancona Leghorn cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jarcoo0153, Jan 20, 2011.

1. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I have a Ancona rooster, and 2 white leghorn hens and 2 california white leghon hens, and was wanting to know what would they look like? Would they lay more too?

2. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    Anyone have this cross?

3. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    it is a beautiful cross, and they are good egg layers too here is one of my first pullets
    [​IMG]

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:You may want to tell that girl to get away from the stove, she may fall in the the stew pot. Sorry, I just had to comment. Love that picture. And she is beautiful.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:You may want to tell that girl to get away from the stove, she may fall in the the stew pot. Sorry, I just had to comment. Love that picture. And she is beautiful.

I invited her in for dinner and she is kind wondering what I'm cooking [​IMG]

6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD

I invited her in for dinner and she is kind wondering what I'm cooking [​IMG]

What size egg does she lay? Large (Over 2 ounces).

7. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    she's looking for the frying pan; lays well and delivers. nice looking bird.

8. buffalogal

buffalogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    Quote:My goodness Nava! Not spangled, reverse mottling! [​IMG] Isn't she on the first page of the Ancona thread?

She's so pretty I'm thinking about crossing a few just to run around the yard for the contrast with the regular Anconas. Is this an Ancona Cock over a Leghorn hen? What color hen? I have a few Leghorns and Leghorn/Game crosses her, but the dominant white pretty much knocks the color out of everything. Maybe I'll pen up one of those hens with "Liberace"; a RC cock who's tail set and markings are so bad I won't use him for breeding, but he's so flamboyant and lively, I keep him around anyway. He really has a flair for the dramatic.

9. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    Just a quick question.,...What color are her legs? Are they a pale yellow or white. If she is an Ancona X Leghorn...her legs would be yellow....pale yellow if she is laying heavy. They look white to me....just curious...[​IMG] Yellow to yellow produces yellow and yellow to white produces white carrying yellow. She is a VERY attractive hen....I like her feather pattern.

10. buffalogal

buffalogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    Quote:Her pale beak makes me think she'd been laying a while when that picture was taken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by