Anconas & Welsh Harlequins?

KsTornado11

Crowing
16 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Kansas
I have a flock of Anconas & a trio of Welsh Harlequins. I'm trying to guage the interest in them before I decide to keep them until breeding age.

They are all growing up to be really nice looking quackers, but want to know how interested people are in these breeds before I commit to breeding.

I really like the WH, maybe next year, I could talk you out of some hatching eggs. I only have one and really wish I had more.
I know nothing about anconas. What are they like?

I just paid $25 for 3 female Welsh Harlequin ducklings. So did psicorp. I decided on these girls because I wanted the egg laying capacity of a Khaki Campbell, but I wanted a mellower bird. So far so good
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I just ordered both of those from Holderread. I really love the GWH and the Anconas. Anconas are on the preservation list as endangered so breeding and raising them os a good thing just for that reason alone. But I really like both of the breeds.

You know- I think you just have to go with what you like. If you raise good quality, there will be demand for them. I always seem to wrestle with which breeds to keep as well, but they all seem to sell about the same (to me anyway).

I have had Anconas before and really liked them. I am sure you would have a market for them. I have never had WH yet, but I may be getting some in the next couple weeks. Those too, I think you could sell pretty easily. Why not breed both?

I don't know if I have ever seen anything so cute. Those pics could sell a thousand Welsh Harlequins!

Wifezilla...those are so adorable. All my golden welsh harlequins from Holderread have dark bills...interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with them being golden vs silver? My Anconas have the peachy colored bills with dark markings

See

3daysold5.jpg

MichelMichelle.jpg

Ancona

3daysold3.jpg

Onyx.jpg

Anconapool.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom