And almost disaster turned hilarious! XD

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sixlittlechicks09, Aug 18, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    So I got home from work tonight, and went down to check on my chickies for the evening. Well unbeknown to me mom was outside with our SUPER prey driven Boston Terrier, Tobi. So I was putzing around, refilling water, chattering at my hens when all of the sudden I see this black bullet race down through the yard in into the open door of the run. I ran screaming from the basement, about 500 feet away, as I halfway there I started hearing those awful panicky squawks from the hens. As I reached the door and ripped it open, expecting to find a bloodbath, boy did I get a surprise. Tobi had his head jammed halfway under the wooden bottom of the fence, and was trying to dig his way OUT of the run. Meanwhile our big RIR Roo, Nugget was kicking his butt, LITERALLY! Poor Tobi had his curly little tail up in the air, and Nugget, with help from Henry our little OEGB roo, was flogging the tar out of it! I walked over and they both backed off, and I grabbed Tobi by his collar and laughing at how incredibly lucky I was told him he got what he deserved! Poor things, he used to TORTURE the chickens when they were small, we were so lucky he never killed or injured one. I guess they finally got their revenge, to the tune of a severely injured ego on Tobi's part, and a few little patches of fur missing off his bum!! [​IMG] Honestly though, LESSON LEARNED on my part, I've GOT to keep that door closed!

2. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    [​IMG] Poor doggy [​IMG] Go chickens!

3. GwenReaper

GwenReaper Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    What a good rooster!!![​IMG]

4. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Guess that dog learned a BIG lesson today! [​IMG]

5. BC Gal

BC Gal Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    Lol! Good roos [​IMG] A good butt slightly painful lesson for Tobi too [​IMG]

6. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2010
    [​IMG] I am amused. Go chickens. Poor pup but I can sympathize I too have a Boston Terror

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by