and here I thought I was a city boy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Jul 1, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    As I was getting breakfast from "the usual" cafeteria the owner, Joe, walked in and him the manager, Juan (yes his name is also Juan lol), and I were talking as we usually do. So at one point time Juan tells the Joe that I got some chicks and will be having the grown hens in my backyard. Joe looked confused and started to inform me that I was not allowed to keep hens in the city. So I went on to inform him that we can keep X amount of Hens if you have X amount of property in our city, however, you can not keep roosters.....now Joe looked really confused!!!!!! [​IMG] He then asked me; and I quote: " What do you want with hens, if you won't have a rooster. You won't get any eggs" It took every once of energy in my body not to break into uncontrollable laughter...[​IMG] REALLY!!!!??? [​IMG] and here I thought I was a city boy!!!!! [​IMG]

No worries, I gave Joe the birds and the bee's chicken style talk and now he knows better!!!! [​IMG]

I had to share!!!!!

2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    I get the same thing from people I work with. [​IMG] They seem unable to grasp the concept. I also get well the hens NEEEEEED a rooster in order to be happy. [​IMG]

3. citychickx6

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    sorry double posted

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:[​IMG]...I went as far as telling him.....do girls need a man to ovulate? hahahahaha

5. citychickx6

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Exactly what I did not get about them not getting it. I guess they never think about what an egg really is when they buy the sad little eggs in the store.

OH MY does that mean if I put them in the freezer it is like storing human eggs for later? [​IMG]

6. JamesInCorona

JamesInCorona Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    Corona, Ca
    Quote:Too funny...![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by