And I was worried that they were too hot

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Noble Rooster, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    The other day it was 90+ degrees here with 90% humidity and not a puff of air stirring. I had let the girls out and was running around doing my hot weather prep (ice in the waterer, veggies from the freezer) when I turned around and saw this...

[​IMG]

(Sorry for the Impressionism effect of the phone photo.)

Two of these sun worshipers are in the midst of molting. Should I have offered them sunblock? [​IMG]

2. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    ROFL, they always seem to surprise you, don't they? [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Ah yes they really have a way of making you feel stupid don't they? LOL Sunblock may be in order...they can sunburn. [​IMG]

But I am sure they appreciated having ice water and cool veggies after their sun worshipping. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  4. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Obviously you failed as a chicken parent and didn't teach them the dangers of the sun. [​IMG]

5. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    HAHAHA! Yeah, sun block for sure! Maybe a cold drink and a little umbrella in it? hehehe:lau

6. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Quote:You don't know? You should ALWAYS put sunblock on the chickens, no matter what! [​IMG] And it must be SPF 30 with self-tanner mixed in

7. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    Quote:You don't know? You should ALWAYS put sunblock on the chickens, no matter what! [​IMG] And it must be SPF 30 with self-tanner mixed in

The self-tanner component would be pretty funny. At least it wouldn't leave weird purple stains, like pick-no-more lotion!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by