And It BEGINS!! (Just put my eggs in the incubator)

Lroach711

Songster
9 Years
Mar 17, 2010
Pickens, SC
So, I just put my 11 eggs in the incubator after they rested 12 hrs. I am SO nervous! This is my first hatch. I have had the incubator (still air LG) set at around 101.3-101.7 steadily for about 2 days and it's been around 35% humidity. I'm assuming it takes a little while for the temp to come back up after adding eggs. (well I'm hoping!) Just wondering if adding the eggs could make the humidity go up. I'm gonna be a nervous wreck the next 21 days!! aghhhh! I've done so much reading getting ready so I'm hoping everything will go well
smile.png

I'm feeling your pain! I'm on day 2 in a forced-air LG with turner so trying to hold my temp at 99.5, humidity between 30-40%. This morning my temp is down to 98.5 so I'm turning that little red knob just a little to bump it up. Humidity is 32%. When I put my eggs in the temp of course went down and took some time to get back up. I believe my humidity did, too. Hang in there. Give it time to settle down. We can be nervous wrecks together. I'm a big reader, too, so hopefully we'll have a good hatch.
fl.gif

Quote:
Ok that makes three of us using the same bator, and sitting the eggs the same time. Guess what our electric went off during the night, just my luck trying to get temps back where it should be. I guess that matches us hatching buddys.

Only time I had eggs make humidity go up is when they start hatching.
I put in last night 19 of my eggs Sussex and Lavender Orp mix and 10 EE and Olive eggers X's from the Feb swap.
Im hoping this will be a great hatch since I usally don't do well with shipped eggs,but im keep trying to improve my hatching skills on shipped eggs.
Good Luck!
But im using 2 home made bators and one Brower Top Hatch.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok that makes three of us using the same bator, and sitting the eggs the same time. Guess what our electric went off during the night, just my luck trying to get temps back where it should be. I guess that matches us hatching buddys.

Alright! Another hatching buddy! Sorry to hear about your power going off. Are you up north where it's bitterly cold? How low did your temp in the bator go? I'll admit, that's my worst fear...losing power during this 21 days.

There's a quote (can't remember who said it
hmm.png
) that fits many situations in life, including incubating/hatching eggs: "Over-prepare, and go with the flow." Some things in life we can control, other things we simply cannot. Our anxiety won't make any difference to our eggs, but it will take some of the fun out of the experience of hatching. It sounds like you guys are doing all the things you should be doing, so now it's time to sit back and enjoy the miracle. My second hatch of the year goes into lockdown on Monday. Here's hoping for good hatches all the way around!
jumpy.gif

Quote:

Alright! Another hatching buddy! Sorry to hear about your power going off. Are you up north where it's bitterly cold? How low did your temp in the bator go? I'll admit, that's my worst fear...losing power during this 21 days.

I'm in KY and I keep the eggs from getting any lower by wrapping the incubator with a cover, it got down to 70, but it could have been worse, it got down to 60 in the house so at least it stayed that much. I have Light Brahmas(shipped), and white silkies(shipped) and some mixed from my flock of assorted feathered friends in the bator now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom