And it's finished :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mimis hen house, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Mimis hen house

Mimis hen house Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2013
    Davidson County ,NC
    My husband is falling in love with my girls :) he felt bad they were cooped up in a 4x4 duplex coop/run. So he built them a 13x17 and we LOVE it. I just had to share[​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

That is a lot of room! Congrats!

3. Mimis hen house

May 22, 2013
    Davidson County ,NC
    [​IMG] Thanks I have 6 happy girls :) Mimi's pretty happy too all thanks to my wonderful husband.

4. Mimis hen house

May 22, 2013
    Davidson County ,NC
    [​IMG]. I think it will be sturdy and safe for the girls. Constructed out of 4x4's framing the whole outside structure with 2x4's on the roof. 3 different types of wire fencing. Hardware cloth and welded wire around the bottom. Cemented 6 inches into the ground inside & out plus 2x4's on each side of the run.. Prevent predators from digging. Welded wire from midway up plus Chicken wire. Roof is covered with wire now but plan to cover half with Corrugated sheet metal to keep the hens out of weather. Dimensions are 7 ft tall 17 long and 13 wide. My coop is a 4x4 duplex. With sleeping quarters in the top and fenced in bottom to Separate the lil ones when needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by