and my coop construction begins*UPDATE 7/16

StrayMagnet

Songster
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
W. Georgia
One of my Friends told me that Her husband said.. i can go to his work and get pallets for my coop.. just come take them.. he's the big boss so I'd not have to worrie about anything.

so i went today and stuffed all the pallets I could into my Suburban. and the smaller kind in the back seats.!

so here is the begining stages of our "coop" i'm just going to Enclose the underside of the porch where she laid her nest. and incorp the coop I got for free into it and mabey eventuly build more onto it
smile.png

Here is before
99419_100_1326.jpg

the start.. the opening to the left of it is to be the doorway.

here is what I have done so far
99419_100_1327.jpg

when finished the front side will be enclosed too.. and the other side where the coop thing is will be where the coop is.. and I will make a doorway to get from that to under the porch
smile.png

Last edited:
Awesome, it'll be a chicken mansion in there!!

When I was growing up we had chickens that, despite their gorgeous hen house, had decided that under our front porch was the best place to nest. We could always find a chicken under there!!

Good luck with your project! Excited to see your progress.
smile.png

I added more to the Porch today as it was nice out and not hot!>. basicaly it's finished !! All I gotta do is fix the door better. and fig how to attach the coop i got for free to what I did and VOLA! a chicken penthouse!.. pics will be comming in a few.. I'm uploading them to BYC then Ill come back here n edit it and add.

Front View
99419_100_1363.jpg

99419_100_1357.jpg

Side with door, Yup I know I need to add to the door but It works for now

99419_100_1358.jpg

Little "shelf" to put their food and water on so when she SCratch's she wont be tossing Dirt in there.
99419_100_1360.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom