1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

and my coop construction begins*UPDATE 7/16

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by StrayMagnet, Jul 14, 2011.

1. StrayMagnet

StrayMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    One of my Friends told me that Her husband said.. i can go to his work and get pallets for my coop.. just come take them.. he's the big boss so I'd not have to worrie about anything.

so i went today and stuffed all the pallets I could into my Suburban. and the smaller kind in the back seats.!

so here is the begining stages of our "coop" i'm just going to Enclose the underside of the porch where she laid her nest. and incorp the coop I got for free into it and mabey eventuly build more onto it [​IMG]

Here is before
    [​IMG]

the start.. the opening to the left of it is to be the doorway.

here is what I have done so far [​IMG]

when finished the front side will be enclosed too.. and the other side where the coop thing is will be where the coop is.. and I will make a doorway to get from that to under the porch [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. wishingbee

wishingbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    SW Washington
    Awesome, it'll be a chicken mansion in there!!

When I was growing up we had chickens that, despite their gorgeous hen house, had decided that under our front porch was the best place to nest. We could always find a chicken under there!!

Good luck with your project! Excited to see your progress. [​IMG]

3. StrayMagnet

StrayMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    I added more to the Porch today as it was nice out and not hot!>. basicaly it's finished !! All I gotta do is fix the door better. and fig how to attach the coop i got for free to what I did and VOLA! a chicken penthouse!.. pics will be comming in a few.. I'm uploading them to BYC then Ill come back here n edit it and add.

Front View
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side with door, Yup I know I need to add to the door but It works for now

[​IMG]

Little "shelf" to put their food and water on so when she SCratch's she wont be tossing Dirt in there.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by