And Now For Another Round Of-Name That Chick!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Jun 26, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I received an order of 9 feather legged chicks from Ideal, and they didn't right what breeds we got on the invoice. I've figured out I got a salmon faverolle (the 5 toes) and a couple of buff brahma (we have a couple of those). I'm guessing they're all some type of brahma or cochin. Please, take a look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, Sonja

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Cute little precious fuzzies is all I know! [​IMG]

3. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Does the little yellow one have fuzzie feet?
    Obviously you have cochins but couldn't tell you anything on breed other than they are cute! Maybe #3 a Mille Fluer ( sp?)

4. mylilchix

Yes, the yellow does have fuzzy feet. I'm thinking she may be a light brahma. They're fuzzy, but not at fuzzy as the others.
    Sonja

5. camjac

camjac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    The yellow one looks just like my light brahma! She is 6 days old and has white feathers on her wings. Btw, they are the most friendly of my chicks. They come running whenever I put my hand in the brooder!

6. mylilchix

That's what I've been thinking with her! I'm wondering about the very dark one (#2). Haven't seen any brahma, cochin chick pics that match. What do cuckoo maran chicks look like? I think #4 may be a silver laced cochin. I'm stuck with #3, too.

Sonja

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    The 1st one is a fav, second one looks like a partridge cochin, third one looks like some kind of Brahma to me, and the fourth I have no clue...looks a little like my mille fleurs but now quite.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:#3 is a Buff Brahma and the last one is a gold laced cochin. I think #2 is a Partridge Cochin, but not certain. Don't know about #1 unless it has five toes and is a Faverolle, but could be a buff or white Cochin. Could be a Lt Brahma, too, IF she has a flat pea comb and not a single.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  9. mylilchix

No #1 doesn't have 5 toes. I thought she may be a faverolle, too until I checked. I think she's a light brahma. Thanks for checking.

Sonja

10. camjac

camjac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    My light brahmas will be one week old tomorrow and they are getting the feathers on their wings. These feathers are white (but one has some black in the white feathers). They are the sweetest birds, although this is my first time having chickens. They really seem to like to hop on my hand and sit there when I am cleaning out the brooder. They are also very pushy with the other birds (they will take anything out of the others mouths and seem to get the lions share of the bugs)!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by