And so comes another newby

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RGFARMERS, Jan 18, 2017.

1. RGFARMERS

RGFARMERS New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    I(Ron) and wife(Grace), became new chicken owners. The young chickens were given to us when we moved to the the 20 acre farm. We're enjoying our young chickens and we're getting like 18 eggs a week; medium white, brown, green and smaller brown ones. There are different types and sizes of chickens. I've made a swing and hung a rod to hold some cabbage. They're really enjoying life and having fun.

Ron

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Is your veggie rod hanging vertical or horizontal? I'd like to see a pic. I need to do something like that.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, RGFARMERS, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our flock! Happy you are enjoying your ride on the poultry train! :)

4. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    [​IMG]

5. RGFARMERS

RGFARMERS New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    It hangs horizontal. They all peck at it more than themselves. No bic yet but I hang it from the pen on small chains from Home Depot. The rod is a stiff 3 ft. Piece. I used small zip ties to attach the rod ends. The zip ties keep there shape; so, to slide off easily to place on more cabbage. I put the rod through the stem and up through the top. The rod swings freely. I think they like the challenge. I've also hung jack cds for them to play/peck at.

Enjoy Ron

6. RGFARMERS

RGFARMERS New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    Thx MC. THX FOR THE WELCOME!!

7. RGFARMERS

RGFARMERS New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    thx for the greeting redsox

8. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Ron, congrats on the new flock! What breed of chickens do you have?

Thanks for joining us!

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Ron & Grace [​IMG] Welcome!

Good luck with your new feathered family.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Ron & Grace - thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by