And so it starts chicken rustlers...

I agree. Chickens may be stolen for someone else's dinner or egg producers or for resale. If its starting in the UK, could be the same here soon. I've already heard of people's chickens being stolen here. Better lock up the Blue Orpingtons and get a guard dog.
hmm.png

chickens in the house. Done.
Like having to worry about gas being stolen from my small SUV wasnt enough. Now I am going to worry about my girls when they go out to the coop!

I wish there was a way to micro chip them like you can horses, dogs and cats. My horse is tattooed from his racing days, and freeze branded from his days as a track "pony"

I am lucky in that my "chicken coop" is a cage compound that used to be used for large exotic animals, heavy gauge (9?) chain link, double gated double locked entry, behind three different six foot fences, one of those locked as well. I'm not saying someone couldn't get them if they really wanted, just that it wouldn't be easy pickins is all...

Actually, you can microchip them. They do it to parrots all the time. It's not normally done to chickens, but you could if you wanted to.

Parrot breeders and owners have always had to be concerned about security to prevent thefts. Thieves are always opportunistic. Whatever turns the most profit and is easiest to get. I see it's just the expensive, trendy chickens that got targeted. Certain types of cars are the most popular to thieves, at various times. I never thought it would happen to chickens, too.
roll.png

I am lucky in that my "chicken coop" is a cage compound that used to be used for large exotic animals, heavy gauge (9?) chain link, double gated double locked entry, behind three different six foot fences, one of those locked as well.

th.gif
I wanna see pics of this. It sounds awesome...
ep.gif

Edited to say: It reminds me of Jurassic Park...lol​

Last edited:
Funny you brought this up. We're in the process of enclosing the formerly fenced in chicken yard so no one can look in and see how many chickens are there. Our past two neighbors made us make this decision. Their kids throw bottles of water and toys - maybe if they didn't see them, they wouldn't be tempted. This neighbor has dogs that didn't waste any time coming over to see what he could harrass. Luckily, it appears no one was hurt. Now, all I have to do is convince our across the street neighbor to stop sending people over to buy eggs. They never buy any once they find out that we sell them for $4 a dozen. Last week, one lady already had her dollar bill out when she knocked on the door. I felt sorry for her and gave her 1/2 dozen small eggs for free. Today she knocked again and handed dh a strawberry covered shortcake. YUMMMMM !

Back
Top Bottom