And so the saga continues: our house was broken in to D:

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by magicpigeon, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    My sister was woken up by a brick falling into her window. After about ten minutes of searching we also learnt that all the doors and by extension, shoes, had oil based paint splattered all over them, we were missing half the garden tools and one of our precious roosters had been "knifed" and killed. I am so angry and sick over all of this.
    We lodged a police report but nothing yet. So now all of us are late and have no shoes to wear. [​IMG]

2. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    i'm sorry to hear about that. What the hell, who breaks into a house to splatter paint on someones shoes.

In my opinion all police are useless.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Could it be someone you know?

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Hmmmm..... sounds fishy. Do you have an angry neighbor? It sounds like someone you know did this. A burglar or thief wouldn't have gone to this extent. [​IMG]

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    It's always a shame when something like this happens, but to stab chickens? Someone's got some issues & I hope they're caught sooner rather than later! Sorry you're going through this.

6. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    So sorry [​IMG] Last year we were burgled they kicked my dog to the point where he suffered hearing loss and he turned snappy, we lost him just on bonfire night his 8th birthday [​IMG] Some nasty human beings in the world [​IMG]

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Oh, wow, I am so sorry, why would anyone want to hurt a animal?

8. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

MagicPigeon, I know how violated you feel. I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I agree with both Ewesheep and Sir Birdaholic. This is not a typical burglary. It is more like criminal mischief or vandalism. My first thought is that you need to take a close look at the 10 - 15 year old boys in the area. In cases like this, either there is some perceived grudge or a group of unsupervised, unchallenged youth with misguided energy. Either way, it is probably good news for you. Kids are not as much of a threat as adults but it does concern me that they killed the roo, hmmm. First of all, if they were scared away because they suddenly realised that someone was at home, they almost certainly won't come back. Secondly, I bet that it would be pretty darn difficult to splatter paint on your doors and shoes without getting some on their own in the process. Make sure that your neighbors are aware of what happened and have them be on the lookout for your garden tools and individuals wearing paint spattered shoes. Maybe there will be a break in the case. You could invest in a game camera (that you can use even if they never come back,) motion activated lights, and/or a dog (even a small house dog will alert you to sheenanigans and make enough of a fuss to discourage most criminals.) Even after all of that, you may never know who or why. Sometimes there is no way to determine the truth. The police know this better than anyone. They will not be willing devote the amount of time and energy to this that you will. It is the only crime you are dealing with, not the case with them. I hope you get some justice but more importantly, remember, garden tools and shoes can be replaced, just don't let them steal your joy, feelings of security, or your faith in mankind, because that would be a felony.

BTW I have been a police officer for 23 years (thank you, Captain Carrot.)

9. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:I agree!

Captain Carrot ~ I am sorry you feel the way you do about law enforcement officers, but there is no need to "police bash" here.

BTW ~I am a retired police officer after 28 years of service.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Uh-oh, Capt. Carrot, They got your number now! [​IMG] [​IMG] Headlines in tomorrows paper.... "Capt. Carrot Carried to Court in Cuffs" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by