I mentioned in an earlier post that we are moving our chicks (young birds) outside; probably today. We are trying to decide which is best, since it's still cool here at night (40's-50's)..we thought about just taking our young birds out of the house into the garage in their cages for the first week so that during the day we can put them outside, and at night we can bring them in the garage and close the door. We would then take them to the barn after a week or so in the garage, and put them in a big pen in the barn til they get acclimated to the others, but of course it'd be colder there and they are predicting possible cold (low 40's) nights through mid-May. Or would it be too stressful for them to have to move twice (to two new locations) in the space of a couple of weeks? Which is worse, stress or cold? Should we just move them to the barn now? It is running 60's - low 80's during the day, depending on what the weather feels like doing. Also, they are getting pretty crowded in their cages, which is why we decided to hurry up and move them out. They have been in the house all winter.