And the Verdict is..... YES!!

bantam0907

Songster
9 Years
May 18, 2010
I am a 4H'er looking for a show quality silkie bantam. I have been showing for 2 years and i had a white silkie hen that won second in variety and a cuckoo silkie roo who won first in variety. These birds were my pride and joy, but after the fair my rooster got sick i worked with him and he fought for a good couple of monthes but eventually died... I was heartbroken my 4H leader said there was nothing i could do and to make a long story short after some debate with my parents we have decided to get another silkie. The only breeder i have found is about an hour and a half away, and while she has gorgeous show quality silkies they are well out of my price range... Please can anyone help me? These chickens are my life and they were always very well taken care of spoiled if anything. I dont particularly mind if it is a hen or rooster but it must be friendly. My chickens are often used as part of a "petting zoo" for our local FFA group in which i am an officer. Thank you for your time and please let me know if you have any show quality silkies available i am deeply thankful for any help or insight recieved. Below are my birds, the cuckoo roo is the one that passed away...

57908_evan.jpg

57908_img_8880.jpg

57908_img_8845.jpg

57908_img_7432.jpg

57908_img_8842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom