And the wait begins week 2 out of 3 oh no!

briarpatchfarms

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Grayson, Ky
last night around 9 pm i put my first batch of eggs from my hattrick bloodlined silkies in the incubator, i had nine of those. i also put my first batch of Duccle eggs in as well! i had 6 of those and i had 2 mottled Old English and 7 Black Old English eggs. for a total of 24 eggs. I CAN'T WAIT! hatch date jan, 18.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

i'll keep you posted on everything for the next 20 days!

Update!
i candled the eggs and only 3 black oe eggs are good but nothing lost i was testing anyways i put some new ones in there and i have 5 sultan eggs, 4 silkies and some mixed ones i got from a friend all are fertile and are starting to form YAY!

Last edited:
I put 29 eggs in last night as well. Mine are a mixture of mutts, but the kids are already asking if they are hatching yet. I hope you get a good hatch.
fl.gif

I just put 12 pearl white leghorns eggs in my first bater. Eggs < 24 hours old. Bater < 24 hours old. 21 days of this? I don't think I can wait that long! Hold on, I think I'll go check them again.
big_smile.png

I just candled the eggs that I put in on December 28. Of the 29 that I have in there, I don't see anything in 5 of them. One I am not sure about. And one is from an EE and I can't see through the green shell. The 22 others were swimming around in there. I was worried because my power went out when I was gone on Tuesday and the temperature was at 92 degrees when I got home. I hope they continue to develop and hatch without any problems.

I candled my 12 day b4 yesterday and 10 looked good, one was clear and one had a very dark layer. I am assuming it is bad, but I left all 12 in the bater and added 14 more.

Back
Top Bottom