...and then again - Oct. 26 to Nov. 16 hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LadyBirdsPalace, Oct 26, 2011.

1. LadyBirdsPalace

LadyBirdsPalace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    UpNorth
    I promised I was done with the last crew...BUT - then my hubby bought me a new incubator and it showed up Monday, so I've been collecting barnyard eggs all week to test out the new rig - THEN, I've promised myself I'm putting it away until into the New Year!

I normally use a Hovabator but have just filled my Brinsea 20 ECO with 25 of my lady's eggs!

Anyone else that has not quit yet? [​IMG] Wanna join this crazy chicken lady?

Oh well, I have someone that already wants all these little guys before they even hatch so why not??? [​IMG]

2. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    You have the MOST amazing husband! I'm going to start a hatch in 2 days. So I'll join you.

3. LadyBirdsPalace

Jun 20, 2011
    UpNorth
    Sounds great!

You know, it's his "I told you so!", he has wanted me to get chickens for 10 years and I was always and completely NO FREAKIN' WAY!

Then some guy gives the kids two chicks and now I've gone bird-crazy and have 50+, he just laughs at me! He even argued with me when he saw the Brinsea cause he thought I was gonna order a BIG one! I told him this was best and these two little ones should help keep me under control a little more... [​IMG]

4. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I have an opposite situation. My husband (city boy) was like "Eh, Don't think so." when it came to chickens. But I was persistant and now he loves them. (The ducks are his favorite.) Now we're looking for property to have more space for more chickens. He's a little distraught that I've ordered more eggs, but he'll be okay. [​IMG]

5. LadyBirdsPalace

Jun 20, 2011
    UpNorth
    Not mine, total country boy! We've had everything for years; horses, cows, sheep, pigs, dogs and barncats but any sort of bird was where I drew the line.

I got some ducks figuring I would like them cause they are so cute, they're cool but I don't seem to feel the same way about them that I do my particular little group of colourful ladies that get spoiled regularly. I may try Indian Runners in the spring, they are cute.

I also got some turkeys and they just flat-out crack me up, I REALLY enjoy them and that just shocked me...then I ate one on Sunday, I was sad for about 10 minutes until I tasted him! HAHA.

6. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    i am only on round 2 right now my chicks are due by the end of the week [​IMG] ! i am actually using a hovabator but my husband is building me an incubator for my birthday!!!!!!! so when that is done i will be hatching more chicks, i want to try quail and turkey eggs too! i would love to see the little quail hatch out so tiny and cute!

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ggarratt

ggarratt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Midcoast, Maine
    I'm in the same boat. I thought I was done hatching, but my new Brinsea arrived yesterday (I decided to beat the Christmas rush and order early). So I've been gathering eggs this week and am going to put whatever I have in on Friday. I'd love to join in with you on our first Brinsea hatch!

9. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    My auction eggs are about 30 minutes away!! With delivery tmw!! I'm so excited!! (Silkie/Sizzles) Woo Hoo!!

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I will join you too. I just set 34 more eggs in the incubator and around 50 in the hatchers today. I have hatches on Oct. 29th, Nov. 2nd, Nov. 9th, and Nov. 16th so far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by