And they say women are unpredictable.....new coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cherig22, Nov 29, 2008.

1. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So we were talking about putting in a concrete floor with drains for the existing coop. Hubby said it will take about 12 hours to cure. Hmmmmm, where can the chickens go?

'Why don't we just put them in the shop?' (he won't let me call it a "work" shop, else he might have to build me something, lol)

[​IMG]

He also said I could keep the shop all winter, he would move his stuff to the sunroom.

[​IMG]

He also said we will be building the new coops, kind of like kennel runs, and he would just build a new shop.....remember, not a "work" shop.......[​IMG]

I sure do love that man. [​IMG]

Cheri [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    It sounds like you have yourself a great man!!! Congrats!!![​IMG]

3. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree, and I hope you'll be posting pics!

I have one of those guys...and id men only realized how sexy a workshop is.

YES!

4. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    My chicks are almost three weeks old, we want to move them out there at about 8 weeks. My laying flock will go into the shop, and we will be building the new coops.

We are going to do a straw bale construction to save money....we have ten acres that we hayed, and only have two horses.

Cheri [​IMG]

5. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    Have you done straw bail construction before? Please keep us posted with lots of pics when you do. I've been thinking about trying it for years but don't know anyone who has any experience with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by